2012 Foreign Company of the Year!
AmCham Denmark's prestigious Foreign Company of The Year award highlights the importance of foreign direct investments and the positive impact foreign companies have on the Danish society. Previous winners include:
AmCham's 2011 Foreign Company of the Year will be awarded to a foreign company invested in Denmark that has demonstrated significant achievements in the following areas:
- Company growth (in relative terms) through exceptional business practices
- Significant investments (in a relative sense)
- Strategic partnerships
- Development/launch of an innovative product or service
- Development of an innovative work environment, incorporating a multicultural workforce
- Corporate Social Responsibility
In order to ensure complete impartiality in the selection process, AmCham’s board of directors has appointed an independent jury to evaluate the applications and select the winner. This year’s jury is comprised of:
- Sten Scheibye, Chairman, Danish Trade Council
- Steen Thomsen, Professor, Copenhagen Business School
- Lars Nørby Johansen, Chairman of the Danish Growth Council and Falck Chairman
The recipient of this year's award will be announced by Lord Mayor Frank Jensen, at AmCham’s Membership Reception, which will take place on the afternoon of October 3 at Copenhagen's Town Hall.
To be eligible, companies must be a foreign owned Danish entity. Companies may nominate themselves, or they may be nominated by other Chamber members. Nominations are now closed.
Click here to meet the 2012 finalists
The AmCham Team