AmCham Releases 2014 Policy Agenda
Recommendations for a More Productive and Competitive Denmark
As the voice of American and International business, AmCham Denmark works to build a more competitive business and investment climate in Denmark, one that encourages investments and stimulates economic growth.
We are therefore pleased to present AmCham Denmark’s 2014 Policy Agenda – with a number of recommendations aimed at making Denmark a better place to do business.
Denmark has enormous potential to attract direct investment, and these recommendations are all meant to build on the existing strengths, thus making Denmark even more relevant for investors, and ensuring the Danish economy will prosper.
However, as AmCham’s annual Business Barometer continues to show, Denmark faces some tough challenges in the future, particularly regarding the high cost of doing business. Therefore, our 2014 policy agenda points out specific areas where Denmark must do better if we are going to be a serious contender in the increasingly competitive global marketplace.
AmCham's key recommendations are:
- Remove barriers to free trade and investment across the Atlantic
- Commit to making investments a long-term governmental priority
- Create a national talent strategy linked closely to Denmark’s investment strategy
- Ensure stability, consistency and predictability in tax legislation
- Implement innovative and sustainable public procurement practices
- Improve the market for innovative healthcare solutions
To download a pdf of the 2014 Policy Agenda, click here