Events at the U.S. Embassy
The Embassy is on Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, near Østerport train station. Map indicating The Embassy's location.
Security Instructions for Visiting the Embassy
Please have a form of photo identification available to present to the guard. Once verified, the guard will begin the security scanning process, which is similar to that of most international airports. All incoming visitors are checked, which may take time if you are part of a large group visit.
- When entering the security area, the guard will ask you to empty your pockets of all metal items, no matter what size and shape. Belts with a metal buckle must also be removed.
- Smart phones, mobil phones, MP3 players and USB keys must be left with the guards. The items stay in the security area, where you may recover them upon your departure. The guard provides a receipt for your items.
- Due to security restrictions, portable computers, tablet/iPads and large pieces of luggage (like suitcases) are not allowed in the embassy, and may not be left with the guards. You are strongly advised not to bring such items to the embassy.
- Knives and other weapon-like items are prohibited in the Embassy. If you have a knife or other weapon like item on your person or in your baggage, you must tell the guard. Any knife or other weapon like item found by the guard during the search will be confiscated and turned over to the Danish police. You are strongly advised to leave all knives and other weapon-like items at home.
- After emptying your pockets, please walk through the metal detector. If cleared by the detector and the guard, you continue forward and may recover your non-electronic items.