2020 Transatlantic Company of the Year – Nominations Are Closed!
AmCham Denmark, in partnership with The American Danish Business Council in Washington D.C., is pleased to announce the 2020 Transatlantic Company of the Year.
About the Award
The Transatlantic Company of the Year recognizes the important contributions and positive impact of Danish companies investing in the United States. The award is presented annually in order to highlight the importance of the economic ties between the United States and Denmark and to celebrate business excellence by a Danish company in arguably the most competitive market in the world.
The Transatlantic Company of the Year is awarded to a registered Danish company invested in the U.S. that has demonstrated significant achievements within the United States, in one or more of the following areas:
- Growth: Relative growth in turnover, employees or profitability in USA
- Investment: Significant investments in R&D, new facilities or acquisitions in USA
- Partnerships: Strategic partnerships in USA, with organizations, companies or government agencies
- Innovation: Development/implementation of an innovative solution in USA
- CSR/Sustainability: Meaningful initiatives in the USA, and their impact both internally and externally
Previous winners include:
Rambøll (2019), Siteimprove (2018), Vestas (2017), Sitecore (2016)
Gehl Architects (2015), Lundbeck (2014), Terma (2013)
Novozymes (2012), Grundfos (2011) and Novo Nordisk (2010)
In order to ensure complete impartiality in the selection process, we have appointed an independent jury of distinguished business leaders to evaluate the applications and select the winner. Jury members include:
- Jørgen Bardenfleth, Chairman (Lyngsoe Systems, Symbion et al.)
- Sanna Suvanto-Harsaae, Chairman of the Board (Bo Concept, TCM, etc.)
- Lars Sandahl Sørensen, CEO, Confederation of Danish Industry, DI
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to showcase your companies’ successes in the U.S.!
If your company is interested in being considered for this year’s award, please contact AmCham’s Therese Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details on the nomination process.
Nomination deadline is February 24, 2020.
OBS! We had originally planned to announce the winner at our March 30th Transatlantic Summit. However, considering the public health guidance around the Covid-19 pandemic, we have taken the precaution of canceling the Summit and postponing the award announcement to a later date. Stay tuned!
Note: There is no charge to submit a nomination. However, if your company is chosen as a finalist, there is an administration fee to enter the final round (DKK 7.500 for AmCham Denmark & American-Danish Business Council members; or 12.000 for non-members).