Navigating U.S. & EU Regulation of Trade, Foreign Investments and Sanctions
U.S. enforcement of international regulation of export controls, economic sanctions and antibribery continues at unprecedented levels. The EU has also increased its enforcement of these legal regimes; but EU requirements can be at odds with the aggressive economic sanctions posture of the United States. As a result, Danish companies can be caught in the middle and subject to two increasingly divergent legal regimes.
At this event, presentations by legal experts Greg Husisian, Jenlain Scott and Jim Peterson of Foley & Lardner (Washington D.C.) and Hans Jakob Folker, Kromann Reumert, will cover:
- An overview of the U.S. and EU laws and regulations most commonly encountered by Danish companies with international operations
- Practical guidance for the creation of risk-based compliance solutions to reduce the risk of costly enforcement actions
- A summary of the new rules regarding foreign acquisitions and investments in both the U.S. and the EU and the new U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) review process
- Guidance on the potential impact of the new EU Regulation 2019/452 Foreign Direct Investment Screening Regulation
- Blocking statutes and other multijurisdictional challenges
Join us for this event where you will hear best practices and get brand new white papers on how to navigate the aggressive application of U.S. international regulations, and how to cope with the new rules regarding foreign acquisitions, mergers, and investments in the U.S.
We look forward to welcoming you!