Partner Event – 2021 Danish Local Elections: Make Your Opinion Count
International House Copenhagen is hosting an event on the Danish political system and the upcoming local Danish elections.
Local and regional elections will take place on Tuesday 16 November. As an international newcomer you may be able to vote. Join International House Copenhagen at the pre-election night on 2 November to learn more.
This evening will give you a unique opportunity to learn about the Danish political system and electoral process before the upcoming municipal and regional elections. The event is especially relevant, if you live in Copenhagen.
You will also get the chance to meet some of the politicians running for the Copenhagen municipal election as they will take questions from the audience.
- Introduction to the Danish political system and electoral process by professor Ulrik Kjær, University of Southern Denmark
- Meet political candidates for the upcoming Copenhagen municipal election
- Questions from the audience to the politicians
- The event will be moderated by Tobias Høygaard Lindeberg, Think Tank DEA
- Networking and sandwich
You can vote for the local and regional elections on 16 November, if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are a Danish citizen, a citizen of an EU Member State or a citizen of Iceland or Norway
- Have been residing in the Kingdom for a period of four years prior to the election.