The U.S. Bankruptcy Process – How to Prepare a Danish Business for the Upcoming Insolvency Wave in the U.S.
AmCham Denmark’s AccessUSA, in partnership with Foley & Lardner and Kromann Reumert, is pleased to invite members and stakeholders to an informative and timely session on navigating the U.S. bankruptcy process.
Today’s economic situation is likely to result in a large wave of bankruptcy and insolvency filings in the U.S. among suppliers, customers and partners. There are ways that Danish business with operations in the U.S. or exposure to the U.S. supply chain can take proactive measures and look for potential opportunities in a distressed environment.
Michael Small of Foley & Lardner LLP is a bankruptcy and insolvency attorney with over 25 years of experience and Søren Aamann Jensen of Kromann Reumert, specialist in contract law and insolvency, will provide practical guidance to Danish businesses on:
- A refresher on federal and state insolvency frameworks in the U.S.
- Differences between the Danish and U.S. bankruptcy systems
- Strategies for improving the likelihood of greater recovery on claims
- Strategies for identifying and acquiring a distressed company
- Bankruptcy related litigation, including preferences and other “clawbacks”
Join for this informative event on how to prepare your Danish business in the U.S. for the expected bankruptcy and insolvency filings in the U.S.