Security Professionals Attend Executive Seminar & Workshop on Crisis Management
On April 13, AmCham, in cooperation with the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) and the Danish Emergency Management Agency (DEMA), held a seminar and workshop at the Copenhagen Marriott, focusing on crisis management – and the need for public-private cooperation in the event of an emergency.
The workshop gave participants the opportunity to talk through a potential crisis – and how their organizations might handle the issue. The workshop highlighted the need for stronger cooperation – and dissemination of information between the public and private sector. Key best practices included the need for strong overall communication, continual crisis scenario training, along with developing partnerships across sectors and silos – before a crisis occurs.
Business case presenters from Lego, DSV A/S, Ørsted and Microsoft shared experiences and lessons learned on how their companies tackled recent crisis – bringing the event down to ‘ground level’ for participants.
Event speakers included:
– Alan Leventhal, U.S. Ambassador to Denmark
– Asif Parbst Amin, Deputy Director General, Danish Emergency Management Agency (DEMA)
– Robert Fagan, Crisis Management Trainer, Foreign Service Institute, U.S. State Department
– Søren Boss Rasmussen, Senior Director Group Security, DSV A/S
– Robert Fuenzalida, Head of Regional Security EMEA, LEGO
– Tina Lehmann Jensen, Head of Global Security, Ørsted
– Ole Kjeldsen, National Director Technology & Security, Microsoft Denmark & Iceland
If you are interested in learning more about AmCham’s Security Forum, contact Therese Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are interested in joining OSAC (Overseas Security Advisory Council), contact Eli Whitney, Regional Security Officer, U.S. Embassy (email@example.com).
To find more information about OSAC, click here.