State of American Business 2024
The U.S. Chamber’s State of American Business event brought together business leaders, policymakers, journalists, and the public from across the country and around the world to discuss ‘American free enterprise’ in a rousing and optimistic speech.
During the State of American Business keynote address, U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne P. Clark highlighted free enterprise for being the best system in the world at enabling success and ensuring our future.
- Agenda for American Strength: Emphasizes the need for a comprehensive agenda to affirm America’s global position and leverage business innovation for societal challenges.
- Infrastructure Investment: Stresses the significance of bipartisan action to reform the permitting process, enabling investment in critical infrastructure projects.
- Workforce Development and Immigration Reform: Highlights the need for addressing the worker shortage through sensible immigration reform and securing the border, ensuring a skilled workforce.
- Global Engagement and Trade: Advocates for enhancing the U.S.’s role on the global stage through expanded trade, resuming negotiations, and supporting international trade agreements.
- Limiting Government Overreach: Emphasizes the Chamber’s commitment to protecting the rule of law and opposing regulatory overreach, ensuring a fair and effective civil justice system.
Clark pointed out that markets also benefit everyone—that the billions of little interactions which happen every day—have a growing and uplifting impact on society as a whole.
“Markets are also collaborative. They enable people across a supply chain who’ve never even met to integrate and innovate remarkably complex products that no single person or company could make alone,” Clark said. “Add it all up, and the biggest winners are all of us. Our families, our communities, our country, and our world.”
Read the full speech transcript here.