The Transatlantic Economy 2022
2021 was a record-breaking year for the transatlantic economy, new report shows
This is the conclusion of a newly published report ‘The Transatlantic Economy 2022’ by Dan Hamilton and Joe Quinlan. The report is commissioned by AmCham EU and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in partnership with AmChams in Denmark, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg and Sweden.
The report was launched on March 24 at AmCham EU’s Transatlantic Conference featuring Gina Raimondo, U.S. Secretary of Commerce, Katherine Tai, U.S. Trade Representative, and Valdis Dombrovskis, Executive Vice-President, European Commission.
About the report
The Transatlantic Economy 2022 study offers the most up-to-date facts and figures about the economic relationship between Europe and the United States.
This year’s study features new insights into how the war in Ukraine affects the transatlantic relationship, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, prospects for the ongoing economic recovery, global supply chain issues, changing American and European economic relations with China, and the transatlantic energy economy.
The study includes dedicated profiles for 30+ European countries and all US states. Research for the study was conducted independently by Daniel Hamilton and Joseph Quinlan at the Foreign Policy Institute at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies, and the Transatlantic Leadership Network.
Key Findings (click to download):
– Executive Summary
– Chapter 1: Pain and Resilience – The Transatlantic Economy in 2022
– Chapter 2: Jobs, Trade, and Investment: Enduring Ties that Bind
– Chapter 3: Shifting Dependencies: Rethinking Russia, China & Global Supply Chains
– Chapter 4: Digital Hyperdrive
– Chapter 5: The 50 U.S. States: European-related Jobs, Trade, and Investment
– Chapter 6: European Countries: U.S.-related Jobs, Trade, and Investment
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Visit the Thriving Together Platform
The data is also available on “Thriving Together”, an online platform that showcases the deep ties that bind Europe and the United States, including numbers from The Transatlantic Economy 2022. >> Visit the platform here